Spirito Santo, Pistoia
Hermans organ, Spirito Santo, Pistoia
The organ of the Church of the Holy Spirit (Spirito Santo, formerly St. Ignazio) in Pistoia was built in 1664 by the organ maker Willem Hermans from the Southern Netherlands.
The organ of Spirito Santo is preserved in excellent condition. Due to the great respect of the organ builders who maintained the organ in the past, it is largely in its original condition, and even the specification has never been altered: the reed stops are the oldest preserved in Italy!